The Friends of IAGenWeb was organized in 2002. It is structured pursuant to the statute laws of the State of Iowa regulating the formation and organization of corporations without capital stock and operates under a set of Articles of Association that are available for review upon request.
Friends of IAGenWeb operates independently of The IAGenWeb Project. To insure against conflict of the mission of IAGenWeb, the presiding officers of the Friends are the IAGenWeb State Coordinator as President and the Assistant State Coordinator as Vice-President. The Friends of IAGenWeb board is composed of as many past State Coordinators as choose to participate.
No part of the assets or income of The Friends shall be distributed to the officers, board members or any one else directly connected to The Friends or IAGenWeb.
- Raised capital via free will donations to establish the domain iagenweb.org.
- Retained ownership of domain names: iagenweb.com and iagenweb.net.
- Funded the license and construction of the IAGenWeb Genealogy Boards system.
- Added the WebAdverts license to the IAGenWeb Genealogy boards.
- License and produced the Surname Addin Program.
- Licensed the IAGenWeb Wild Rose Meeting Room script.
- Provided for year 2002 service of iagenweb.org.
- Funded and licensed the "Events in Iowa Genealogy Interactive Calendar."
- Provided for ownership of the IAGenWeb Voting Booth.
- Obtained 501 (c) (3) status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- First Corporate Sponsor—JL Consulting Web Services
- New web site
- Continuous individual sponsorship keeping us in very good shape to support IAGenWeb for many years to come!
"Thank you for posting Mrs. Cyrus Knapp’s obituary. She was my grandmother and a fantastic lady for all of her 92 years. She also made the best cookies in Plymouth County."
"I would just like to tell you how much I appreciate your time and hard work,on putting the 1908 Franklin Co., Iowa, Plat Maps online. This made it possible for me to add another bit of family info into my family tree. Thank you for your contribution to my family tree."
"Last week that I looked at your GenWeb site. That was a very pleasant surprise. You have certainly done a great deal of fantastic work. In searching around, I found loads of information that helped fill in many blanks on my family tree. A special note of gratitude goes to Debbie Nash and Joey Stark for all those obituaries they have posted and the link you have put with the cemetery records."