Merrill Hillside Cemetery was formerly known as the Merrill City Cemetery.
LeMars Semi-Weekly Sentinel, August 3, 1951
MERRILL NEWS: A new cemetery association has been formed here to be known as the Hillside Cemetery association, for the purpose of improving the present cemetery and enlarging it. The officers are president, Lyman Clark; vice-president, Jens Petersen; secretary, Ray Weinheimer; treasurer, John Johnson.
LeMars Semi-Weekly Sentinel, August 31, 1951
MERRILL NEWS: The Merrill Hillside Cemetery association have received their charter from the state so can now continue with other plans.
There will be a meeting of the Hillside Cemetery Association held in Merrill, Iowa, at the Town Hall, at 2:00 p.m. Monday, January 23, 1956. (Owners of lots in the “Old Merrill Cemetery,” as well as those persons who have purchased lots in the “New Hillside Cemetery” are members of the Hillside Cemetery Association) and all are requested to be present for annual election of officers. There will also be a meeting of the Board of Directors following this meeting.
In accordance with the articles of incorporation.
Master Alphabetical Index of Merrill Hill-Side Burials
Burials now listed by Blocks.
Spring 2010--Work began in the spring on this cemetery. Thanks to Mary Holub, Vernon & Karen Harrington and others for their excitement, energy and transcription of Merrill Hill-Side Cemetery!
Photo Contributed by:
PLANT TREES IN NEW
The Merrill Hillside Cemetery Association has purchased a large number of pine and spruce evergreen trees to be planted in the new section of the cemetery.
The C.C. Hauff memorial money was used to help pay for the trees.
Here’s hoping we get plenty of rain to help in maintaining good growth.
~LeMars Daily Sentinel, April 23, 1963