A. E. Anderson
Some men are born with a talent for mercantile life, possessing a good address, intelligent application and an appreciation of the wants of the public as well as the energy necessary to carry through successfully what they undertake. A. E. Anderson, of Kiron, belongs to this class, judging by the result of his efforts up to the present time.
He is a native of Sweden, born April 17, 1877, and is therefore a young man justly fairly launched in the business world. His parents are Lars and Anna Anderson, both of whom were born in Sweden and came to America in 1889. After living for a number of years in Crawford county they bought land in Ida county, Iowa, which they recently sold in order to establish a permanent home at Kiron. There were three children in their family, namely: Andrew, who is now living upon the old homestead; Maggie, the wife of Oscar Johnson, of Crawford county; and A. E., the subject of this review.
A. E. Anderson came to America with his parents at twelve years of age and received his preliminary education in the public schools, later attending college. He remained at home until manhood and then entered mercantile business in Ida county. In 1907 he took up his residence in Kiron and has since been at the head of a general store there. He owns the building in which he conducts his business and has shown a capacity for practical affairs that is a brilliant prophecy as to his future.
Ever since arriving at voting age Mr. Anderson has supported the republican party. He has never sought political honors, preferring to devote his entire energies to his business affairs. He is friendly toward all branches of the Christian religion and all efforts to advance the welfare of his fellowmen. He has made a highly creditable record as a business man and as a citizen and is a fair-minded gentleman who never seeks to advance his own interests to the injury of others, being governed in all his dealings by principles of truth and honor.
Source: History of Crawford County, Iowa. Vol. II. Chicago: The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., 1911.