| Cleghorn | ||
Christian Church |
||
In the year 1871,
the church of Christ people held their worship in the Gere schoolhouse
with 10 charter members. They built a church building in Cleghorn in
1893. At that time they shared a minister with the Marcus congregation.When the first church building was sold it was bought by DIck Ehlers and moved by Merton Goodrich. It was agreed that the church could continue to use the building until the new church was finished. The new church was constructed by Mr. Leader, the contractor who had built the Presbyterian Church. (Source: Former Cherokee County Historical Society Newsletter, Vol. 13, No. 1, Jan 1978, pg. 15) |
||