Lost Grove Township Cemetery : Section 16, 1 1/4 mile W, 2 miles N of Lanyon, 1/2 mile W, 1/4 mile N.
Or 3 mi W of Harcourt then 1 mi. S, 1/2 mi E and 1/2 mi N. Located on hilltop by way of a lane. The large ash tree,
near the south gate was planted in 1876 by the Nelsons the same year in which their 20-year-old daughter,
Christina was buried. Later Gust Carlson of Lanyon measured out the cemetery from that grave.
An Eskimo named Constantine Aparsook died July 17, 1904 while visiting with a missionary, and was
buried here also. The 1882 sign for the cemetery was made by Harry Carlson in 1967.
A regular cartaker was obtained in 1906.