IAGenWeb

Webster County

IAGenWeb

USGenWeb

Home Research Photographs Search Links Whats New IAGenWeb
Special Projects
Contact Us

Jackson Township


Jackson Center Cemetery : Section 27, 1 1/2 miles W of Clare, 1/2 mile S, 1/2 mile E,on hill top. Located east of the main road, up a lane,on the top of hill. It has 1919 on the sign above the gate. It has 51 marked graves, one being Arthur Hardin, who died in 1876. He was the 5 year old son of Dr. E.M. & M Hardin.

St James Cemetery : Section 34, 1/4 mile W, 1/4 mile S of Clare, West side of road. Has over 458 marked graves including 23 soldiers. James Donahoe donated the land for the cemetery.

St Patricks Catholic or North Lizzard : Section 19, 5 miles W., 1/4 mile N of Clare. North of road C66 about 1/4 of the cemetery is in Pocahantas County. Has over 364 graves. Shortly after the original church was built in 1871, the congregation purchased 3 acres of land from Michael Morrissey for the Civil War soldiers that were buried here, and one from the Mexican War.


Copyright 1996 - Webster County IAGenWeb and contributors!      
IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer