IAGenWeb

Webster County

IAGenWeb

USGenWeb

Home Research Photographs Search Links Whats New IAGenWeb
Special Projects
Contact Us

Cooper Township

Note: Other than Fairview, all of these cemeteries are located on 15th Street/County Road P-56.

Former cemetery called Fairview:
At the corner of B Street and Avenue F in Fort Dodge, it is now housing. Some of the deceased were reburied elsewhere.

Haviland "Old Prairie":
North edge of Fort Dodge, east of 15th Street/CR P-56. The Haviland family came to Webster County 1854-55 from Dutchess County, New York. According to USGS aka is North Lawn.

North Lawn Cemetery:
North on 15th Street/P-56, this cemetery is north of Oakland and Corpus Christi but on
the east side of the road. Has thousands of marked graves.

Oakland Cemetery:
Map North on 15th St. /CR P-56, this cemetery is the first one past Soldier Creek on the West side of the road. This cemetery is very hilly, and lovely. Has thousands of marked graves. The Oaklawn Cemetery Association was organized Feb. 24, 1866, the cemetery at the time was 3/4 miles from the city limits.

Buried on the west side of this cemetery, Major William Williams, the founder of Fort Dodge. He was born Dec 6, 1796 in Greensburgh, Westmoreland County,Pennsylvania, and came to the Fort Dodge area in 1850 with the troops as sutler. He remained in 1854 when the troops left and founded the town. He died Feb 26, 1874. .
St Pauls Lutheran Cemetery:
North and adjacent to Northlawn Cemetary on the east side of 15th St./P-56. Many nationalities buried here.

Copyright 1996 - Webster County IAGenWeb and contributors!      
IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer