Early Reminiscences, Personal Incidents and Anecdotes,
And A Complete Business Directory Of The County
By Samuel D. Chapman 1879
Contributed by Patty Delmott and Transcribed by Cyndi Vertrees
This town consist of a post office, one dry goods and grocery store, two blacksmith shops, one flouring mill and one practicing physician, and a few dwellings. It is located on the County line, on section 24, Geneseo township. It is in the midst of a beautiful farming country. The firs store at this place was erected by William Davidson, in the year 1869.