Sioux County -- West Branch No. 1 Memories
WEST BRANCH TWP. SCHOOL, No. 1
[Photo was too dark to copy from the old newspaper.]
Photo by J. E. Mulder
The above picture shows the pupils and teacher of Sunnyside school, or West Branch district No. 1, located 8 miles east of Sioux Center. Miss Ethel Moll, of Sioux Center, is the teacher and John A. Schuiteman, the director.
The people are reading left to right, front row: Donald Groen, Gerald Van Roekel, Lawrence Groen, Gertrude Schuiteman, Arthea Hulstein, Wilmina Schuiteman and Miss Moll.
Middle row: Glenn Schut, Arvin Schuiteman, Rodney Hulstein, Alvina Van Roekel, Bernice Van Roekel, Jacqueline Duistermars and Marcia Schut.
Back row: Ellsworth Schut, William DeGroot, Arthur Hulstein, Delma Schuiteman and Wilma Schuiteman.
Darlene and Gerald Keith Sandulte, and Harlan Schut were not present when the picture was taken.
~Source: The Sioux Center News, May 15, 1941