Sioux County -- Welcome No. 7 photos
[There is a photo with this news caption. Watch for the picture to post later, as we are seeking a better copy to post.]
August 1948 Sioux Center News:
Snellers Attend Welcome School No. 7 for 56 years.
Last week the two boys in the picture started school in the same rural school district that their grandfathers attended 56 years ago. They are pupils in Welcome District No. 7.
The boys are Arlin, son of Edward A., son of Andrew; and Kent, son of Edwin J. son of John.
There has been a Sneller enrolled at this school every year for the last
The first member of the family of Egbert Sneller to attend the school was Henry who started the school in 1892. Other members of the family followed in order of age, Richard, Andrew, John, William, Martha Vander Slote, Carrie Baartman, Gertie Baartman and Annie Zwiers.
The next generation of pupils in district 7 were: Henry’s children: Edward H., Dena Van Roekel and Gerrit; Richards’ children, Jennie Hoekstra, Henrieta, Margaret Scheffer and Priscilla Dunn; Andrew’s children, Gertrude Vander Werf and Edward A; and John’s children, Edwin J., Martin, Dames and Scott.
Students of Welcome Twp No. 7 school in 1951
Top row L-R; Phillip Rensink, Verna Rozeboom, Miss Gertrude Leeuw (Teacher), Delma Rensink, Trudy Schelling and Henry Rozeboom.
Middle row L-R; Curtis Punt, Lavonne Rensink, Milton Rensink, Ruth Rensink, Albert Schelling, and Karen Rensink
Bottom row L-R: Kent Sneller, Cornie Schelling, Merlyn Rensink, Arlyn Sneller, Darrel Rensink, and Willard Rensink
~Photo courtesy of Albert Schelling