Sioux County -- Welcome No. 5
~the history of the school house building
Welcome Twp #5
Harrison Ave & 360th Street
Closed in 1958
The old school was purchased in 1935 and moved to Sioux Center and remodeled into a home at 229 First Ave SE. It was moved when the Furniture Mart bought the lot for their new store. It now stands at 727 - 8th NW in Sioux Center and still being used. The new school was sold and dismantled (see Welcome #4).
Information gathered by Jeanette VanGrootheest and Jennie DenBesten, Sioux Co.
~ Photo by JVG & JDB