Sioux County -- Center No. 1 photos
Center No. 1
Above is a photo of the pupils of Center #1 Rural School in about 1948-1949. Picture given by Lon James Bruinsma of Sioux Center.
Center School #1 was located 3 miles west of the old town corner.
Row 1, L-R: Marvin VandeHoef, Anthony VanRavenswaay.
Row 2, L-R: Harold VanRavenswaay, Gary Boeyink, Lon J. Bruinsma
Row 3, L-R: Gertrude VandeKamp, Helen VandeKamp, Rena VanRavenswaay, Sharon Boeyink
Row 4, L-R: Donald Harskamp, Carol VanRavenswaay, Henrietta VandeKamp, Gracia VandeKamp, Marge Harskamp.
Also submitted by Lon Bruinsma are the following teachers that taught him in Center #1.
September 1945 to May 1946 Agnes DeWit Luymes
September 1946 - May 1947 Miss Wissink
September 1947 to May 1948 Miss Faye Mouw
September 1948 to May 1949 Arlene DenHerder
September 1949 to May 1950 Arlene DenHerder
September 1950 to May 1951 Arlene DenHerder
September 1951 to May 1952 Mrs. Arlene Wynia
Superintendent of Sioux County Public Schools all those years was Charles H. Tye.