CARMEL- Plato Township, Section 13, Sioux County, no post
office - rural route Rock Valley.
- Reformed Church Cemetery located ľ mile east of the
Church in Section 13 of
Plato township. Rodney Van Ravenswaay of Sioux Center IA was
cemetery record keeper. First burial made 1900 Amy TeSelle
(preacherís daughter). Record show plot
ownership and burials.
- Funeral homes used are VanderPloeg Funeral Home, Memorial Funeral
Sioux Center and Porter Funeral Home of Rock Valley.
- Reformed Church was organized 18 July 1895.
Church histories: The older church records have been
photocopied by the GSCGS
and are in the Mark Twain Room of the Sioux Center Library.
- Available in the church library, History book 1895-1995, pageant
book, tapes of the
- Local Historian - was Carole Kleyer of Rock Valley IA