Mount Ayr, Ringgold County, Iowa
November 22, 1904
MRS. KNEEDLER DEAD.
Former Resident of Caledonia Found Dead in Well at Her Missouri Home
Suppose to be a Case of Suicide
Mrs. Louis KNEEDLER of Cedar Springs co., Mo., was found dead in the bottom of a well Tuesday morning. Word has reached
the county. The supposition is that the case is one of suicide, as Mrs.Kneedler had once been demented on account of ill
health while living in this co. Mr. and Mrs. KNEEDLER moved from the Caledonia vicinity to Missouri about three years ago,
after living in this county since the early days. She was a sister of George, John, Andrew and Henry WALTER. According
to the report Mrs. KNEEDLER left her bed between 2 and 5:00 o'clock in the morning. When she was missed a search was
started, and after searching for several hours it was decided to drag the well, with the result that her life-less body
was found at the bottom.
Note by Sharon Elliott: Catherine was buried in Walnut Grove Cemetery in Cedar County, Missouri. Her gravestone
has the wrong date as she died on November 15th, 1904.Louis S. and Catherine Freed (WALTER) KNEEDLER's children:
NOTE: Louis S. KNEEDLER, a millwright, was born on October 1, 1831 in New York, and died January 8, 1924 in Springfield,
Missouri, with interment at Sparta I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Sparta, Christian County, Missouri.
1. Charley KNEEDLER died in infancy on September 29, 1867 with interment at Caledonia Cemetery, Ringgold
2. Walter KNEEDLER died in infancy on August 6, 1870 with interment at Caledonia Cemetery, Ringgold County, Iowa.
3. Abraham KNEEDLER was born on December 10, 1873, and died at the age of 10 months and 15 days on October
25, 1874, with
interment at Caledonia Cemetery, Ringgold County, Iowa.
4. Annie KNEEDLER was born in 1870, and died on Christmas Day, 1897, at the age of 17 years, 4 months and 5 days. It
is believed that Annie was interred at Caledonia Cemetery, Ringgold County, Iowa.
5. Edward KNEEDLER was born September 9, 1867 and died August 5, 1953 with interment in Maple Row Cemetery, Kellerton,
Ringgold County, Iowa.
6. Willard KNEEDLER was born in Ringgold County on July 14, 1876, and died March 26, 1952, Springfield,
Missouri, with interment at Eastlawn Cemetery, Springfield, Missouri. He married November 1, 1906 to Sarah
Stockton, Missouri. On his death certificate, his widow is listed as Lida KNEEDLER.
7. Truman KNEEDLER
8. Susan "Susie" KNEEDLER was born in January of 1878.
9. Mattie KNEEDLER was born in October of 1882.
10. Bessie (KNEEDLER) GROVES was born in Ringgold County, Iowa, on July 4, 1886, and died in
Boone County, Illinois on October 16, 1961, with interment at East Bonus Cemetery, Boone County, Illinois.
in Mount Ayr, Ringgold County, Iowa, on March 10, 1904 to Lewis Arthur GROVES.
11. Clarence KNEEDLER was born in Ringgold County, Iowa, on December 15, 1888, and died in September
of 1971 with interment at Rock Island
National Cemetery, Rock Island, Illinois.
12. Lee Roy KNEEDLER was born in November, 1893.
Catherine's father Abraham WALTER was born in Pennsylvania on October 27,
1807, and died on October 29,
1888 with interment at Caledonia Cemetery, Ringgold County, Iowa. Catherine's mother Martha
(FREED) WALTER was born in
Pennsylvania on April 10, 1818, and died in Ringgold County, Iowa, on March 29, 1898. She
was interred at Caledonia
Cemetery, Ringgold County, Iowa.
Submission by Sharon Elliott, July of 2009
To submit your Ringgold County
obituaries, contact Sharon R. Becker at
Please include the word "Ringgold" in the subject line. Thank you.
A - B OBITUARIES INDEX
C OBITUARIES INDEX
D OBITUARIES INDEX
E - F - G OBITUARIES INDEX
H - I - J OBITUARIES INDEX
K - L OBITUARIES INDEX
M OBITUARIES INDEX
N - O - P OBITUARIES INDEX
Q - R OBITUARIES INDEX
S - T OBITUARIES INDEX
U - V - W OBITUARIES INDEX
X - Y - Z OBITUARIES INDEX