Return to the Pottawattamie Co. home page.   |   RLDS Home  

Community of Christ
(Previously Reorganized Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints)

The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (RLDS) was formally organized April 6, 1860 under the leadership of the son of the founder, Joseph Smith, III. There were many LDS members in southwest Iowa in the 1850s and 1860s.  They were joined by others returning from Utah.

Between two and three thousand of these joined the "RLDS" Church in the early 1860s to 1875, the time period these branch records cover. The church is now known as Community of Christ.

Branch records courtesy of Community of Christ Archives. For further history and information, contact Community of Christ, World Headquarters, 1001 West Walnut, Independence, MO 64050-3562. Or see web page: www.cofchrist.org

For membership records research contact: Barbara Bernauer


Branches and Church Members Lists
Boomer Township Crescent City North Pigeon
Wheeler's Grove Council Bluffs  

Marriages
     
Wheeler's Grove    



Read Terms, Conditions and Disclaimers

Home
RLDS Home