Preston Twp School Buildings
Preston No. 1 Schoolhouse
~Preston No. 1 schoolhouse is now on the farm site of Dallas & Kathy Klemme. Dallas attended school there in the 1950's. Kathy's mother, Saverna Langel Albers, taught school at Preston No. 1, 1941-1942. The Klemme's moved the schoolhouse onto their farm building site. They have a basement under it (as did the original location.) They are refurbishing the building to it's original schoolhouse status. The Klemme's work on this as time and weather permits. What a wonderful thing they are doing to preserve Plymouth County, Iowa, rural school history. When the preservation is finished, the Klemme's plan to "open" the building to tours for today's school children.
~Photos taken by Linda Ziemann, 9-2007. Take a look at the progress the Klemme's have made. "Thanks, Dallas & Kathy, for sharing with all of us your love for restoring Preston No. 1 Schoolhouse!"
Preston No. 1 as it stands at the Klemme farm
Preston No. 1 -- The front of the classroom, chalkboard & teacher's desk
Preston No. 1, Classroom Windows
The Klemme's have a genuine school daze water cooler for Preston No. 1.
Preston No. 1, backside of the school house as it stands on the Klemme property today.
Compare to this photo of Preston No. 1, original location the 1940's--Look at all those wonderful windows!
Preston No. 5 Schoolhouse
This school is the Ireton Sportsman Club in Ireton, IA. It came from Plymouth County
~photo and info contributed by Jeanette VanGrootheest and Jennie DenBesten, Sioux County