Plymouth Twp School Buildings
Plymouth No. 1, "Spies School" -- closed in 1955
~Photos taken in 2001 showing the school house building being used as a garage by Dick Bogenrief.
When reorganization closed country schools in Plymouth County in 1955, the Plymouth Dist. No. 1 school house was sold to Art Bogenrief. The school was moved a short distance to his farm (now owned by grandson, Richard Bogenrief) to be used as a garage.
The old teacher’s desk is still in the garage in 2001.
Former teacher, Margaret Spies, holds a certificate which still hangs on the wall, given by the Parent Teachers Organization, as a reward for the schools effort in meeting all requirements as a “Standard School.”
The first school house stood near the Floyd River. The second a mile East on Peter Emmert’s land, then by May 19, 1874 on it’s last location on land bought from Benjamin F. Thomas, who on May 19, 1874, sold his farm to Jacob Spies. The land eventually came to George Spies.