Grant No. 8 -- PHOTOS
Grant No. 8 in Plymouth County was a one-room school built in 1925 by a group of farmer carpenters. It replaced a smaller building that was not adequate to the Grant Township population. It was a sqaure building, 28 feet by 28 feet, that housed children in kindergarten through eighth grade. The children enjoyed their education in country school because of the small classes where learning was more individualized.
Grant No. 8, Mrs. Margret Pecks teacher, 1957-1958
Mrs. Pecks on her way to school in the above photo.
Grant No. 8, known as Marvin Doering's School, Mrs. Pecks, teacher.
~The above two photos submitted by teacher, Mrs. Margaret Pecks
Return to Township Index