A Knudsen family gathering and picnic was held at the Charles Knudsen home in Le Mars last Sunday.

Among those present were his mother, Mrs. Vera Knudsen, Mr. and Mrs. Vern Knudsen, of Pierson; Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Knudsen, of Kingsley; Mr. and Mrs. Everett Thompson and Mr. and Mrs. Howard Knudsen, and daughter, Judy, of Merrill;

Mr. and Mrs. LeRoy Hartman, of Sioux City; and Mr. and Mrs. George Taylor and children, of LeMars.

Source:  LeMars Semi-Weekly Sentinel, 10 Aug 1951



The second annual Knudsen family reunion was held again this 4th of July at the Russell Knudsen farm east of Spencer near Dickens, Iowa.

The Knudsen farm has been owned and the home of relatives of the Knudsen’s since about the year 1884.  It then was owned by Russell’s maternal grandfather, Albert Pierce, who with Mrs. Pierce, the former Nellie Janes, made their first home there, and the birthplace of Leonard Pierce, now of Kingsley.

Later, a brother-in-law of Mr. Pierce, Fred Janes, became the owner and he with his family made their home there for a number of years, and it was also the birthplace of Mrs. Ron Luce, now of Petaluma, Calif., who also was present at the reunion.  Mr. Janes sold the farm to Russell Knudsen in 1951 who has made his home there the past two years.

Those present were: Mr. and Mrs. Fred Janes, Mr. and Mrs. Ron Luce and daughter, Thelma, all of Petaluma, Calif.; Mr. and Mrs. H. J. Pierce and family of Verndale, Minn.; Mrs. Nina Peterson and son, Chester, of Woonsocket, S.D.; Mr. and Mrs. John Lawler, Mr. and Mrs. George Schmidt and family all of Everly, Iowa; Bernard Brande, of Omaha, Neb.; Mr. and Mrs. LeRoy Hartman and daughter of Sioux City;

Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Knudsen and family and Leonard Pierce, all of Kingsley; Mr. and Mrs. Vern Knudsen and daughter, of Pierson, Iowa; Mr. and Mrs. Howard Knudsen and daughter, of Merrill; Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Knudsen and family, of Sheldon; Mr. and Mrs. George Taylor and family and Mrs. Vera Knudsen, all of LeMars; Mrs. Ann Reinholdt, of Kingsley; and David Stahl, formerly of Kingsley.

Source:  LeMars Globe-Post, July 13, 1953