First Baptist Church, LeMars
Articles of Incorporation - July 23, 1890
First Baptist Church building 1890-1914
LeMars Semi-Weekly Sentinel, October 3, 1902
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH--Corner Clark and Sixth streets, Rev. J. F. Bennett, pastor. Morning Services 10:30 a.m., Sunday school, 12 p.m. Junior B.Y.P.U., 3 p.m. Young People's Union, 6:45 p.m. Evening song and preaching service 8:00. Strangers always welcome.
New building built at same location--occupied 1914-1975
Present day building at 1384 6th Ave SE, LeMars, IA
PASTORS OF THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, LE MARS, IOWA
Church history and Church Anniversary links:
1890- 1965, 75th Anniversary
1974 New Building Dedication
1890 - 1980, 90th Anniversary
1890 - 1990, 100th Anniversary
~The photographs, historical information and newspaper clippings on these pages are courtesy of Mrs. Ferne Jones Tindall. Ferne was married to Rev. S. A. Jones, who pastored this church from 1936-1943. LeMars was her "home"community. After Rev. Jones' death in 1949, Ferne returned to LeMars to live out the rest of her life in Plymouth County, Iowa. Ferne was a long-time member of the First Baptist Church, LeMars, IA. These pages reflect the memories of Ferne. Her collection has been submitted by this county coordinator, her granddaughter, Linda Ewin Ziemann.
Ferne King Jones Tindall
Born 04 May 1906, rural Adaville, Iowa