Grant Twp Church In Diamond Jubilee
Arrangements are complete for the diamond jubilee of the Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church of Grant township Sunday. Comprehensive plans have been made for the observance of the church’s career since its founding in 1872, and a jubilee booklet has been printed for distribution to members Sunday.
A historical sketch is included, which shows that the following pastors have served the congregation:
The congregation maintained a parochial school for 39 years, Fred Kusch and H. W. Hennings being the teachers. During its 75 years the church has undergone many changes, always striving to improve its physical and spiritual equipment. Much new equipment for the interior has been obtained, and a plan for remodeling of the church and a new parsonage only await reasonable prices and availability of materials.
The jubilee book includes writeups and pictures of various church organizations and officials, and a list of members. Under the heading, “Some Interesting Facts,” appears this information:
Top Photo: Pastor, J. D. Meyer 1895-1933
Bottom Photo: Pastor F. O. Bunge (present pastor in 1947)
IA GenWeb - updated 2016