About eighteen years ago there was quite a prosperous settlement of
Presbyterian Germans in West Holman township, a few miles west of
Sibley. Gerd de Vries was the principal moving spirit in the agitation
which led up to the establishment of Hope church. A church society was
organized and a church and parsonage erected, which flourished and
sustained a pastor several years. The first pastor was Rev. Isaac Kruse.
The second Rev. Figge and the third was Rev. Groncke. The present pastor
is Rev. L. Henenga, who has this church and a church in the east end of
Lyon county, a few miles from George. He resides at the Lyon county
church. Of late years many of the supporters of this church have moved
away, leaving it in rather a weak condition. However, they are keeping
tip the organization and are living in the hope of better times.
From the 1914 Past and Present of O'Brien and Osceola