- The First Seventy-five Years in the Sanborn Community (1878-1953) -
One of Sanborn’s Municipal enterprises is their electric plant on east First street. The building was completed in 1947 and started operation July 1.
M.D. Geving was the first superintendent succeeded by Bernard Prew in June, 1950.
This was put under trustee management by a vote of the people and Dr. J.M. Eason, E.W. Mayne and A.G. Baldwin have been trustees all that time.
Two diesel engines of 300 H.P. each were installed to start with. In 1949 a 640 H.P. engine was added. Now in 1953 a 840 H.P. diesel is being added, a high speed type which will about double the generating power. This required adding a room which is under construction now.
Sanborn also has their own waterworks with wells two miles west of town which supply the town with the best water anywhere around.
Return to Table of Contents