- The First Seventy-five Years in the Sanborn Community (1878-1953) -
Farmers Co-op. Oil
In 1932 T.R. Kimmel purchased from Phil Cuppett the lot on which the present Farmers Co-op Station stands. A miniature golf course was on the lot at the time of the purchase, the office of which was used for approximately two years as the office for the gas station. In 1935 the building now standing was built and operated under the name of Kimmelís Coop Super Service. Much of the material used in the construction was obtained from the old railroad roundhouse which was being taken down that year. The building was the first new one to be built on Sanbornís Main street for many years. The Co-op Super Service was under Ted Kimmelís management until the year 1945 when it was sold to the present owners, The Farmers Co-op Oil Co. of Sheldon.