- The First Seventy-five Years in the Sanborn Community (1878-1953) -
One of the early Masonic Halls was on the east side of the street above the Brady Hardware and Clark & Green General Store. Later they moved to the west side of the street above the present location of Liquor Store.
The present Masonic Temple was planned and built in 1925-1926, on the corner lots of Main and Third streets. The committee in charge was Messrs. F. Hurlbut, R.C. Sawyer, J.H. Daly, A.V. Brady, and E. Mayne with Bert Watson, Master of the Lodge as chairman.
The new Temple was dedicated October 8, 1926 with a banquet and dedicatory program.
Onyx Lodge U.D. held their first meeting Nov. 2, 1881. The Charter members were: D.R. Phelps, T.D. White, P. Miller, J.A. Stocum, C.E. Foote, E.M. Brady, A.G. Willits, Cal. Bradstreet, H.D. Chapin, M.S. Skinner, Ira Brashears, J.E. Drake, P. Velie, F. Teabout, N.L. Peck, A.E. Bates, Josiah Whorral, Harley Day, J.H. Douglass, E.T. Parker.
The first officers appointed to serve the Lodge after its organization were: Harley Day, W.M.; J.H. Douglass, S.W.; E.T. Parker, J.W.; E.M. Brady Treas.; A.G. Willits, Seely.; C.E. Foote, S.D.; Cal Bradstreet, J.D.; T.D. White, Tyler; Ira Brashears, Chaplain; P. Velie, S.S.; J.E. Drake, J.S.