- The First Seventy-five Years in the Sanborn Community (1878-1953) -
The Flour Mill
Sanborn boasted a fine flour mill at one time, located, we were told, just east of the George Mayhack residence.
The June 17, 1887 Sanborn Pioneer states that the foundation for the mill was completed and Moody & Austin were at work on the frame.
Nov. 25, 1887 - “ The Sanborn Flouring mill is getting down to business - and is now turning out excellent flour.”
The mill later burned at the same time, it is believed, by the first electric light plant, which stood near it.
Return to Table of Contents