No. 3, Sec. 6SE; Mathison school; used as a home in 1997.

~Source: The Loess Hills Visitor Center in Moorhead has a binder of info on country schools of the area.

The first schoolhouse was a "dugout" located in Sect. 6 constructed in the Fall of 1869.

Later, Willow No. 3, located Sect. 6 SE, was known as the Mathison School.

~Source: Centennial History, Moorhead, Iowa 1900-2000