The Wight Cemetery is named for some of the early
settlers of Webster Township, and the land in Section 15 of Webster Township, was
deeded by James and Mary Wight on May 3, 1890. They reserved seven rods of land for their own family and requested a six barbed wire fence be maintained around the cemetery.
Some of the early burials, as recorded on the stones, are as follows: Susan
Ettien, wife of John Ettien, Oct. 2, 1851, at the age of 61 years; Daughter of D. & E. Howard, Jan. 4, 1859, and another daughter, 4 years of age, July 4, 1964; Dicey Wight, Nov. 17, 1886, and her husband, George Wight, April 26, 1866;
Mahala, wife of George Hart, Jan. 27, 1858; Forest Lee, son of J. E. and H. M. Wight, Oct. 2, 1866; Sarah, wife of P. R. Cunningham, July 4, 1864, aged 39 years; Mrs. P.
S. Newman, Oct. 15, 1869, age 22 years; and Phillip Ettien, June 2, 1874, aged 74 years.