The Welty cemetery, on a bluff south of Middle river, in Section 14 of Webster township was given by the heirs of Peter
Welty, March 31, 1891, and was recorded in the court house that it should be used for public burying grounds. The deed was signed by Martha E. and
Miles H. Hart, John A. and Ida Welty, Mary Welty (widow of Peter), Caroline and Andrew M. Hart,
Emanual M. and Elizabeth J. Welty. It is not on one of the main roads but is well kept. Other families there include the
Schnellbachers, Wisslers and Krells. The cemetery is directly west
behind the Oak Grove Church but a deep creek and steep ravine prevent
access from that direction.