Chapel South Cemetery
The Union Chapel South Cemetery is located in Section 7 of South township, and was given on May 11, 1861 by Thomas Runkle and M. C. and Mary
DeBord. Some of the early settlers buried there are members of the
Runkles, Brassfield, Guilliam and Moore families. The first church near the cemetery burned down and in 1891, a new church was built. However, the church did not have many members and in 1951 it was sold to Ralph and Jack Hammans and was dismantled and moved. The deed of this cemetery was filed at the recorders office by W. E. and Emma Freeman and G. R. and Stena M. Freeman on December 14, 1905 and September 6, 1906.