or Walker Cemetery, Webster Township
One of the older cemeteries of the county is in Section 23 of Webster township where there were many early settlers. The first burial was that of Mrs. Elvira Haven in 1855, and children of D. and H. Richmond were buried there from 1857 to 1860. A Civil War Veteran, W. S. Richmond, was buried there in 1891.
T.M. and Elizabeth Walker and A.M. and Caroline Hart gave the land for the Walker Cemetery. It was recorded in May of 1876, and the name was changed to the
Pleasant View Cemetery in 1916. Other families buried there are the Walkers,
Richmonds, Harts, Yorks, Jollisses, Coffmans, Smiths, and Shaws. Josephine Smith was buried there in 1882.
F.M. Walker came to Madison county in 1855, and located in the township where his relatives still reside.
"Pleasant View Cemetery Association" was organized in
1915 and ran for about 20 years. Their records can be found here.