LYON COUNTY GENEALOGY
THE DIETRICH KNOBLOCH FAMILY
Dietrich Knobloch, fourth child and eldest son of Wilheim and Friederike Knobloch was born in Wurttemberg, Germany, on April 8, 1884. He came to America at the age of six with his parents. They cane to Rock Valley and later moved to the Lester vicinity.
He attended country school during the winters though the fourth grade. He helped his parents on their farm until he purchased 100 acres south of Lester in 1905. A few years later he moved on this farm and his sister Pauline kept house for him.
August 2, 1913 he married Julia Koch, daughter of Johann and Magdalena Wagner Koch of Inwood, Iowa. A few years later a new home was built on this farm, and they purchased an adjoining 80 acres of land. This was Dietrichs home for the rest of his life.
He enjoyed his chosen occupation as a tiller of the soil, and he particularly enjoyed stacking hay and grain, caring for his orchard and doing butchering.
After a short illness Dietrich passed away December 31, 1954.
In February of 1957 Julia moved to a new home in Lester, where she lived until she passed away unexpectedly February 1, 1969.
Born to this union:
- Julia Magdalena Knobloch, July 22, 1914
- Emma Friedericka Knobloch, August 27, 1915
- Ernst Ferndand Knobloch, September 4, 1916
- Albert Dietrich Knobloch, January 7, 1918
- Elizabeth Mary Knobloch, April 13, 1919
- Lydia Emily Knobloch. August 2, 1920
- Dietrich Edwin Knobloch, September 25, 1921
- Paulina Martha Knobloch, April 7, 1923
- Benjamin Emil Knobloch, July 17, 1924
- Emelie Mildred Knobloch, September 24, 1925 Deceased October, 1978
- Wilbert Andrew Knobloch, December 25, 1926
- Wilma Mae Knobloch, March 30, 1928
- Infant Son, August 23, 1929
- Violet Rose Knobloch, January 1, 1931
- Earl Alvin Knobloch, September 10, 1933
- Adolph Leroy Knobloch, August 16, 1937