The Little Rock Bank is known as one of the solid business institutions of Lyon County. It was opened for business, on June 4, 1888, by C.S. and J.L. McLaury, with a paid capital of a little less than $1,000. In the summer of 1891 C.B. McKinstry and M.C. Bilsborough bought out the McLaurys and conducted the business under the firm name of McKinstry & Bilsborough with a paid capital of $4,000, until the fall of 1892 when C.B. McKinstry retired from the business, and A.J. Bilsborough and Charles C. Armour became partners of the firm, under the name of A.J. Bilsborough & Co., with a paid in capital of $14,000, which was increased on January 1, 1896 to $18,000. The business of the bank is now conducted by the same firm under the management of M.D. Bilsborough, the business having increased from $4,945-47, deposits on July 6, 1891, when M.D. Bilsborough went into the bank, to a little more than $80,000 deposits in 1902. The condition as shown by its official statement of February 16, 1903, is as follows:

Loans and discounts...... $ 63,567.10
Overdrafts............ 10.24
Real estate and fixtures.. 3,100.00
Cash on hand and deposited
with other banks...... 33,468.30
$ 100,145.64

Capital stock $ 18,000.00
Undivided profits...... 338.14
Deposits .................................. 81,807.50


This is a showing of which any financial institution may well be proud especially when accomplished under such safe and sound conditions of business as have prevailed over the destinies of the Little Rock Bank from the beginning.



Compendium Index   |   Home

Webization by Kermit Kittleson - Aug. 2006