In April, 1880, the county purchased the southwest quarter of section 27, in township 100, range 45, to be improved for poor farm purposes. During the same yer, they erected a building on the same 20 by 28 feet, the place was rented out, part of the county poor were cared for there, and others at county expense elsewhere in the county, but in 1900-01 an eighteen-hundred-dollar addition was built to the poor house and the county took sole charge of the place, engaging a superintendent at $900 per year, to oversee the place.


Compendium Index   |   Home

Webization by Kermit Kittleson - Aug. 2006