LYON COUNTY GENEALOGY
Beloit, the first town platted in Lyon County, is situated on section 31, township 98, range 49. The plat was executed by James A. Carpenter, proprietor, May 16, 1871. A man engaged in milling business from Beloit, Wisconsin, gave its name.
North Doon, on section 25, township 98, range 46, was platted January 7, 1880, by Robert Penman, Lucy Eccleston, Fred Keep, George McQueen, J.A. Wagoner and E. Bradley.
Larchwood, on section 30, township 100, range 47, was platted by Charles W. Holder, August 27, 1873.
Rock Rapids, platting date was February 28, 1874. It is situated on the north half of the northwest quarter of section 4, township 99, range 45, and parts of the north half of the northeast quarter, east of the Rock river. Its proprietors were: O.A. Cheney, D.C. Whitehead, T.K. Bradley, J.S. Howard, and their wives.
East Rock Rapids, was platted by T.K. Bradley, M.D. Hathaway, G.W. Smith and Miller & Thompson, January 7, 1884.
Little Rock, was platted by the Cedar Rapids and Iowa Falls Town Lot Company, November 4, 1884, on the east half of section 3, township 100, range 43.
George, on section 2, township 28, range 44, was platted November 28, 1887, by the Cherokee & Western Town Lot Company.
Granite, (Originally called Iuka) was platted March 14, 1887, by R.F. Pettigrew and S.L. Tate, on section 19, township 100, range 48.
Edna, platted May 29, 1888, by the Cherokee & Western Town Lot Company, on the northwest quarter of section 19, township 99, range 44.
Lester, on the southeast quarter of section 36, township 100, range 47, was platted November 29, 1889, by William Thomas and wife.
Doon, was platted by G.W. Bowers and A.H. Davison, September 6, 1889, on the south half of the northwest quarter of section 25, township 98, range 46.
Bonnie Doon, on the west half of the southwest quarter of section 25, township 98, range 46, was platted, November 9, 1889, by Mary N. Hubbard.
Alvord, (now, but orginally "Park") was platted by W.B. Park and wife, on section 5, township 98, range 46, April 18, 1890.
Inwood, (first called Warren), platted by Jacob Rogers and wife on the southwest quarter of section 17, township 98, range 47, September 28, 1891.
Klondike, January 18, 1900, by August Kruger and wife, on the northwest quarter of section 21, township 99, range 48.
Lakewood, was platted by Christ Schnepf and wife, December 13, 1900, on the south half of the southeast quarter of section 33, township 99, range 45.
Compendium Index | Home
Webization by Kermit Kittleson - Aug. 2006