of Lyon County, Iowa
Ernest -- A post office in 1872 to 1874 in the southern part of section 6, Wheeler Township.
Gibraltar -- A post office in 1869 to 1871 in the northwest corner of Sioux Townshipthe northwest corner of the state.
Iuka -- The former name of the present village and railroad station of Granite.
Krogness -- A hamlet and post office in section 9, Richland Township, as shown on maps of 1887.
Park -- Former name of the present village of Alvord.
Pennington -- A post office (1883-86) in the northern part of Richland Township.
River View -- A post office from 1872 to 1886 in the northwestern part of section 2, Grant Township, about two miles southwest of the present village of Little Rock.
Smead -- A post office for a few months in 1871 a short distance south of the present town of Rock Rapids.
Upland -- A post office in section 16, Centennial Township, from 1877 to 1890.
Warren -- Former name of the present town of Inwood.
Willda -- A post office from 1873 to 1875 in the eastern part of section 22, Grant Township.
Source: Annals of Iowa
Provided by Roseanna Zehner