Iowa Light Artillery

This information has been transcribed and graciously provided by volunteer John Davis from
the "1880 History of Keokuk County Iowa."

The Fourth Battery of Iowa light artillery was mustered into the service at Davenport, November 23, 1863, and mustered out at the same place July 14, 1865. It was composed of splendid fighting material, but did not have opportunity to make a record for its prowess. It took no part in the great events of the war, being stationed in Louisiana. No report of its movements has been made to the Adjutant General's office. Myron Pinkerton third corporal; enlisted September 17th; formerly in company F, fifth infantry.
These pages were designed and are maintained by IAGenWeb solely for the  use and benefit of the  IAGenWeb Project, a part of the USGenWeb Project.
Copyright © 1997 by IAGenWeb & Other Contributors        
Please read the IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions, & Disclaimer  --all of which apply to Keokuk Co.

Back to top of page                             Return to Keokuk Co. IAGenWeb                             Back to top of page

Photo background collage is made from penny postcards of Keokuk County, donated to the USGenWeb Archives