W. S. Miller
“W. S. Miller—W. S. Miller located next door to the Merchant’s Hotel on south side, is at the head of one of the best grocery stores in the county. A neater, brighter and better kept store or a much larger stock could not well be found. He is a great hand to everything that is new in the market and the person who cannot find what they want in the store will not be apt to find it in the county. He is also a fine man to do business with, in enterprising and a man of good judgment in almost anything. He is a member of the school board and takes interest in education matters and information in general.”

 

Submitted by Kay McConkey, and transcribed by Carly Josephson. Thank you, Ladies!

Reference: Unknown newspaper, unknown day, 1887.

These pages were designed and are maintained by IAGenWeb solely for the  use and benefit of the  IAGenWeb Project, a part of the USGenWeb Project.
Copyright © 1997 by IAGenWeb & Other Contributors        
Please read the IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions, & Disclaimer  --all of which apply to Keokuk Co.

Back to top of page                             Return to Keokuk Co. IAGenWeb                             Back to top of page

Photo background collage is made from penny postcards of Keokuk County, donated to the USGenWeb Archives