The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in the Fall of 1855,
Daniel K. Fox and wife being the only members. Soon after, William
Acers, Adolphus Hardendorf and Mrs. C. C. Peers united. Rev Mr.
Alger was the first minister, succeeded by Rev. F. X. Miller and S.
C. Churchill, on what was then termed Manchester Circuit; Rev. John
Webb and J. A. Van Anda, J. F. Hestwood and E. R. Latter.
The subsequent Pastors have been: E. W. Jefferies, three years; A.
K. Johnson, two years; R. Norton, one year; L. Catlin, two years; L.
H. Carhart, one year; F. M. Robertson, one year, 1872; J. R. Berry,
1873-4; F.X. Miller, 1875-6; D. Sheffer, 1877; R. N. Earhart, 1878.
The church edifice was commenced under the pastorate of E. W.
Jefferies, and completed in 1868. The building is 56x36 feet in
size, with basement. The oversight of its construction was entrusted
to Ira P. Adams and William Cattron. The parsonage was begun under
the pastorate of A. K. Johnson, in 1867, and enlarged in 1870.
Daniel K. Fox was the first class leader, holding the position three
years. Ira P. Adams has held the position continuously ever since.
The present Official Board and members of Quarterly Conference are:
R. W. Keeler, Presiding Elder; R. N. Earhart, Pastor; Laymen: C.
Yoran, M. F. LeRoy, O. D. Clark, B. N. Reynolds, W. M. Wolcox, C.
Perkins, L. L. Walters, C. W. Keagy, L. P. Adams, J. H. Stevens, C.
O. Torrey, W. T. Adams, Geo Commerford, J. A. Cooley, R. W. Purdy,
J. C. McKee.