Delhi Savings Bank in the fifteen years of its existence has
proved a reliable and progressive financial institution and has
won the complete confidence of the town and the surrounding
country. It was organized in 1899 with a capital of ten thousand
dollars and among those concerned in its establishment were
Thomas Simons, Sr., A. E. House, G. W. Klockentager, William
Lewis, C. D. Stone and and E. R. Stone. The officers were:
President, Thomas Simons, Sr.; vice president, E. R. Stone; and
cashier, G. W. Klockentager. After the first year A. E. House
became president and continued so until 1902, when E. R. Stone
succeeded to that office, which he has held ever since. The vice
president at the present time is J. W. Swinburne and the cashier
is F. E. Stimson. Mr. Klockentager held the office of cashier
until 1901, when the present incumbent succeeded to the office.
In 1909 the capital was increased to twenty thousand dollars,
which is its present figure. The officers and directors of the
institution are business men of wide knowledge and sound judgment
and under their careful management the bank not only earns a good
dividend for the stockholders but adequately safeguards the funds
of the depositors and promotes the growth of business in Delhi by
the judicious extension of credit. It has proven an important
factor in the commercial and financial development of the town
and the district contiguous to it and has the confidence of all
classes of people. The others concerned with its organization
aside from those mentioned were James Burton, C. F. Fleming,
Albert Boomer, J. W. Swinburne, R. H. Bowman, G. O. White, Mrs.
E. C. Perkins, O. A. Holdridge, J. W. Hartmann, John Porter,
Arthur A. House, E. H. Blanchard, W. H. Baker, Curtis Miller,
Peter Lux, Daniel F. Jones, L. Schnittjer, James M. Phillips, G.
B. Davis, G. H. Fuller, Austin Bowman, Allan L. Boomer, John R.
White Jr., Mrs. Isabel Saunders and Clemenia Knowles.