A. G. Schoenjahn
Success has attended the efforts of A. G. Schoenjahn in establishing himself in business and he is now the owner of a farm in West Side township, which has developed into one of the desirable properties of Crawford county. His good fortune is the direct result of ambition and energy.
He is a native of Clinton county, Iowa, born February 25, 1874, and is a son of Henry and Pauline Schoenjahn. The parents were both born in Germany and on coming to America took up their residence in Clinton county, Iowa. In 1878 the family removed to Sac county and three years later to Crawford county, where Mr. Schoenjahn established himself as an agriculturist and stock-raiser. His wife passed away in 1908, but he is still living. There were eight children in their family, five of whom survive.
A. G. Schoenjahn came with his parents to Crawford county at the age of seven years and received his early education in the public schools. He continued with his father until after reaching maturity and in 1899 removed to the farm which he now owns. It comprises two hundred and forty acres and is located on section 22, West Side township. He carries on general farming and specializes in the raising and feeding of stock. As he thoroughly understands all phases of agriculture and stock-raising, he has met with deserved prosperity.
In 1899 Mr. Schoenjahn was united in marriage to Miss Henrietta Doshe, who was born in Clinton county, a daughter of Henry and Caroline (Lamp) Doshe, The parents were born in Germany and came to this country, being now residents of Crawford county. There were eight children in their family, six of whom are living.
Four children came to bless the union of Mr. and Mrs. Schoenjahn, namely: Perry W., Grace M., Glenn L. and Carrie P.
Mr. Schoenjahn and his wife are valued members of the Lutheran church. Politically he is identified with the democratic party, to which he has given his support ever since he reached manhood. He has not sought political honors, but is serving at the present time as township trustee and director of the school board, displaying in the discharge of his duties the same interest which he evinces in his own affairs. Fraternally he is connected with the Highland Nobles and with Camp No. 2991, M. W. A., of West Side. Mrs. Schoenjahn has been a valued assistant to her husband and as the head of the household has shown an ability which is greatly to be commended. He has led an active and useful life which gives promise of increasing efficiency in years to come.
Source: History of Crawford County, Iowa. Vol. II. Chicago: The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., 1911.