Throughout the years many different businesses have been operated in Osceola. These pictures of the square may help us to understand where they were and how they looked through the years.
This early drawing shows the original Clarke County courthouse. It sat in the middle of the square.
Morrow Implement is shown here in the center with the Christian church to the right and the John Chaney law office to the left. The Lyric Theatre is now on this location .
Sources: Osceola Centennial Issue...1851 to 1951, Osceola Sentinel, August 2, 1951; "Osceola City business Directory 1851-1996" by Marie White;
Return to Osceola