History of Woodburn
The Presbyterian Church was organized in 1869 and built a $1,600 frame church about the same time as the Methodists. Among their membership were W.J. Smith, J.A. Chapman, J.F. Smith, R.S. Findlay, and N. Porterfield. Services were discontinued in 1883.
At this time the building was to be torn down and moved to Medora, but the townspeople formed a committee and purchased the church at a cost of $200. The building was used as a town hall for a time, and later purchased by the Church of Christ, later the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Source: History of Clarke County, Lynette Davis
Graphics courtesy of: Christian Media
Return to Church Directory