Buena Vista County, IA
USGenWeb Project

History of
St. Peter's Lutheran Church

St. Peter's English Lutheran Church, now known as "St. Peter's Lutheran Church, was formally organized about 1905 as "St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church", and the congregation consisted mostly of German immigrants and their families; the first services were in their native language.  They worshipped in a nearby school house, and in 1912 purchased the then vacated school to be converted into a church.  By 1925 all services were in the English language.  In 1930 a new church building was build and used until 1965, when the present building was constructed and dedicated.