Buena Vista County, IA
The Calvinistic Methodist church (Welsh Presbyterian) was organized June 8, 1907. The organization was effected by Rev. Hugh Owens of Ottawa, Maine, who had been duly appointed by the Presbytery, and the Rev. W. S. Harris of Linn. The new society was called "The Riverside Church." There were twenty-four charter members, from whom the following were elected officers: J. G. Lloyd, secretary; J. T. Evans, treasurer; Henry Rees, Elmer Evans and John Evans, elders.
The society holds its services in the Union church building, meetings being held in the evening only. The present membership is about twenty-eight; the officers are constituted as follows: Henry Rees, D. C. Jones, and Elmer Evans, elders; Mrs. A. J. Erickson, secretary; D. C. Jones, treasurer. Rev. W. S. Harris is the present pastor.
The Ladies Aid have [sic] the following officers: President, Mrs. E. W. Evans; vice president, Mrs. Andrew Rees; secretary, Miss Grace Lloyd; treasurer, Mrs. C. E. Brosten.
Extracted from: Wegerslev, C. H. and Thomas Walpole. "Linn Grove." Past and Present of Buena Vista County, Iowa. Chicago: S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., 1909, p. 190.