Buena Vista County, IA
Little Sioux Valley Norwegian Lutheran Congregation had its first general
meeting on November 7, 1868. Reverend N. Amlund served as the first pastor.
Until a permanent structure could be erected, the congregation met in
various homes in the community. On May 22, 1887, the original church
in the country about three miles northwest of Rembrandt, was dedicated. As a result of a growing membership, an addition
was added in 1902, and in 1914,
Savior's English Lutheran Church
of Rembrandt merged with it.. In 1952, a new church structure, large
enough for both congregations, was built in Rembrandt proper. No
longer needed, the country church was
dismantled in 1955, and a year later, a memorial to that church was erected
on the site .