Buena Vista County, IA
The congregation of the above name was organized February 15, 1887, and was known for a while as "The Christian Association of Fairfield township, Buena Vista county, Iowa." The first officers elected were A. G. Nelson, chairman, and A. G. Blomberg, secretary. Meetings were held in the schoolhouse which stood near the present site of Albert City, until 1900 when the society built their church, surrounding which are two acres of land. The parsonage was built in 1901, and stands near the edge of an acre of land which also belongs to the church society.
There is at present a membership of forty-five, of whom the following are the officers: C. V. Samuelson, chairman; C. J. Gustafson, secretary; F. A. Wallner, treasurer; N. P. Carlson, C. O. Nelson and C. J. Bjorkland, deacons; P. A. Wallner, Axel Should, August Sandstedt, and Gustave E. Anderson, trustees.
The Sunday school has an enrollment of about one hundred, and the following are its officers: C. V. Samuelson, superintendent; and Albert Peterson, secretary.
The officers of the Ladies' Aid Society are Mrs. Anna Blomberg, president and Mrs. Axel Should, secretary.
The following have served as pastors of the church: Rev. C. H. Lundin, Rev. Pearson, Rev. Ernst Lindholm, Rev. G. F. Gilberg, and Rev. Oscar Wenstrand, who is the present pastor.
Extracted from: Wegerslev, C. H. and Thomas Walpole. Past and Present of Buena Vista County, Iowa. Chicago: S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., 1909, p. 116-17.