The Iowa Theater stood for many years along side the A&P grocery store. It was in what is now (2000) the east half of the Coast to Coast or Hardware Hanks store.After the Gedney Hotel fire the Iowa Theater was the only theater in town for awhile. Then it was remodeled and showed 'A' movies for some time. Later it went back to 'B' movies and westerns.In 1940 Robert Malek bought the Grand Theatre and the Iowa Theatre. At that time the Iowa had been owned by Ernie Hagerman. Joe Barger was the projectionist in the Iowa Theatre.The Iowa theatre closed the week of August 10, 1953. For the next six months it was used occasionally by groups showing special films.
Copyright ©2017 The submitters & IAGenWeb
Please read the IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer
All apply to Buchanan County website.