This Abandoned cemetery is located on land owned by Robert Harting. Charles Hilton

states there was a church established in 18865/1868 across the street from the store

and he believes the graves were of people associated with the church membership.

The church has since burnt down.  He remembers a Brown family plot and believes

there were 4 or 5 burials. He, along with Fred Wynn, remembers 1 or 2 family plots

with picket fences around them.

When walked in 1976 there were three broken headstones and 1 footstone. The

following information is a combination of stone information and information

received from Bill Reedy, and WPA records.


Coon Mariah H..  B: None Given  D: 27 Oct 1860,  29y  6m  24 d.  W/o Aaron Coon.

Coon Melvin A.    B: None Given  D: 8 Jun 1857,  M. A. C.   1y  5m  4d,  S/o A./ M.


Dodge George O.   B: None Given  D: 3 Jan 1865 G. O. D. in the 38th year of his life.

?-ichard Emma J.  B: None Given  D:  9 Sep 1861, 1 y 2m 25d,  dau/o  G. H./R,. L.


?-id Margaret    B: None Given  D:  30 Sep 1865,  17y 9m 5d, dau/o B./J.



In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the internet, data may be used by non-commercial researchers, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may not be reproduced in any format for profit, nor for presentation in any form by any other organization or individual. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than as stated above, must obtain express written permission from the author or the submitter and from the Buchanan Co. Coordinator. This applies to the Buchanan County website.  IAGenWeb

Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer  2008-2012 IAGenWeb Project