Mount Calvary Cemetery
Washington Twp. Section 35
Mount Cavalry Cemetery was an early Catholic Cemetery located at 14th Ave. & 8th St. N. E. in Independence. The cemetery was associated with St. Joseph's Church, a German Catholic Church,
previously located in the 600 block of 2nd Ave N. E. Independence. In the early 1930's the church
consolidated with St. John's Catholic Church and the bodies were moved to that cemetery.
In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the internet, data may be used by non-commercial researchers, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may not be reproduced in any format for profit, nor for presentation in any form by any other organization or individual. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than as stated above, must obtain express written permission from the author or the submitter and from the Buchanan Co. Coordinator. This applies to the Buchanan County website. IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer ©2008-2012 IAGenWeb Project